27 Ways of Creatively Celebrating 7 Days of Valentine
If you’re reading this article, then congratulations on being a romantic. Your Valentine is indeed too lucky to have you as a partner. Now make that person feel even luckier by surprising them for an entire week. For those reading the article, let me begin with introducing you to the concept of valentine’s Week. Romance is a journey comprising a lot of stages one must cross to truly be in a relationship. A typical relationship involves the process of knowing each other, going on dates, the spontaneous hug, the first kiss, a romantic proposal and so much more. Valentine’s Week has been conceptualised to represent the different phases every couple goes through. To make someone’s entire week special, you need to ensure that your gift or your gesture complements the day of the week. The 7 days of Valentine are:
7th February – Rose Day
8th February – Propose Day
9th February – Chocolate Day
10th February – Teddy Day
11th February – Promise Day
12th February – Hug Day
13th February – Kiss Day
14th February – Valentine’s Day
The sheer diversity in the number of days allows us to be really creative and different in the way in which we can celebrate each day. Instead of one or two, we have created a bunch of unique ideas to celebrate each day in a way your Valentine won’t expect. We also have plenty of Valentine’s Day gift ideas that you can order online from Oye Happy. Everyone loves to be surprised. Especially when they know that you’ve made an effort to make it happen. A predictable gift picked off the shelf seems more like an obligation than a surprise. Here are ideas to celebrate your Valentine’s Week that you won’t even find on Pinterest.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine on Rose Day - 7th Feb
1. The obvious choice of this Valentine’s Day gift for her is to buy a bouquet of roses and begin her morning with it. The not so obvious choice is to add a twist in the way in which you present the roses. You can buy a bunch of roses, instead of a decorated bouquet, and hide them throughout the house for her to find. You can add a love letter or chocolate with each rose to add a personalised touch to your gesture.
2. You can even consider buying a rose flavoured perfume and gifting it to her on rose day. And if you’d rather add some humour to your gift, then give her a sheet of red paper along with a pair of scissors and instructions on how to make a rose out of paper.
3. My personal favourite, however, is to buy a bottle of Rose wine and leave it in her wardrobe with a note saying ‘Happy Rose day, darling. Let’s begin this Valentine’s week by getting drunk.’
4. And if you’re among those who prefer going all out, then decorate your bedroom with lots of rose flavoured candles and strew a few petals on the bed for an extra flavour.
5. Do they sell rose flavoured condoms as well? But that might be stretching it a little.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Propose Day - 8th Feb
6. Cute proposals are often difficult to refuse. You need to ensure that your plan for Propose Day is more than going on your knees with a rose. If you’re unmarried and you want to use this opportunity to pop the question, then go all out with the arrangements. A proper proposal deserves all the paraphernalia you’ve seen in movies.
7. If you’re married already and would rather cut corners than buy another diamond ring, here’s what you can do. Write a letter reminding her of all the nostalgic memories and end it with ‘I can spend the rest of my life asking you to be my Valentine and making more memories with you.’
8. You can also buy a vintage brass ring, customise it with your wedding photographs, and gift it to her in a wooden box.
9. For more proposal gift ideas, you can always check out online gifting companies and order for a ready-to-surprise idea. The easiest thing to do is to get a gift hamper personalised with all your favourite memories and photographs to show that you truly care about the memories made together.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Chocolate Day - 9th Feb
10. This is the easiest of them all. Except, refrain from buying just a bar of snickers and expecting her to be delighted by it. The world is filled with fancy and exotic chocolates. Pick the one most difficult to spell, whisper a prayer and order for it. Make sure you don’t end up accidentally picking a chilli flavoured chocolate.
11. If the romantic in you isn’t convinced, then make her a mug of hot chocolate (it’s easier than you think). If you’re doubtful of your culinary skills, then order for a mug of hot chocolate, transfer it to a different mug, heat it up good and pretend like you’re the one who whipped it up.
12. If you want to take an extra step, then order for some brownies, set up a corner with cushions, fairy lights and a projector, and create your very own candlelight dinner at home. It will make her melt faster than a tub of chocolate ice cream in a microwave.
13. Have you heard of a chocolate massage? And how about some strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce to satiate more senses than one?
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Teddy Day - 10th Feb
14. Go online, find the fluffiest, cutest and the most squeeze-worthy teddy and order for it. No matter how old a woman may get, one can never grow out of love for cuddly toys.
15. But then, a teddy bear is also the most predictable thing you can buy for her on Teddy day. So if you want to be different, get a t-shirt designed with the quote ‘Your teddy for life’ and wear it throughout the day.
16. You can also get cushions with cute teddy bears designed on them.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Promise Day - 11th Feb
17. Did you know that over 86% of couples forget their 7 wedding vows within a year of marriage? Probably because the vows are often so boring and long. Whether you’re dating or happily married, there’s always space to make adorable promises to your better half. Here are a few examples of the kind of promises you can make on Promise Day.
I promise to be there for you every second, minute and hour of everyday. Unless, my favourite TV show is on in which case I'll be there for you during ad breaks.
I promise to be your personal genie and make your every wish my command. So if there’s anything you ever need, master, just wish!
I promise to stay quiet when you want to be alone, hold your hand when you need someone, tell you a joke when you are sad, and if nothing helps take you on another vacation to Sri Lanka.
If you ever feel that your looks have faded with time, I promise to come close to you and whisper that you still look as beautiful as you did on the day I first saw you.
I promise that if I ever happen to break any of the promises, I shall quickly write 7 more promises to make up for the promises I broke. Promise!
I promise to share everything in my life with you, including my dentures when we are old enough and have lost all our teeth, but not our love.
18. Here’s another extremely cheesy idea to celebrate Propose Day. If you’re both romantics and Bollywood fanatics at the same time, then light a candle and take the saat pheres with your Valentine. Read out a handwritten promise after each phera to add an extra touch.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Hug Day - 12th Feb
19. If you’re in a long-distance relationship, there’s no gift better than flying to your Valentine and meeting her in person. If that seems like an impossible task, you can choose exclusively designed gifts for long distance relationships and gift-wrap your hug.
20. If you’re together, then you can consider tying yourself with a ribbon and a bow, standing in front of your Valentine with your arms wide open, and presenting yourself as the gift on hug day.
21. You can also consider taking him/ her to a pet café and letting the puppies there give lots of cuddles and hugs on your behalf.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Kiss Day - 13th Feb
22. If you’ve been waiting for this day, then so has she. To add a touch of romance, you can consider buying or making a bunch of kiss coupons – each to be redeemed for a different kind of kiss. You can also create a bunch of flirty messages and keep sending them to her throughout the day with lots of kiss emojis. For instance:
Did you know that kissing burns 4.6 calories a minute. Want to work out?
Did you know there are 94 different kinds of kisses in the world. Want to try each one?
23. If you’d rather use this occasion to unleash your naughty side, then follow every kiss with a coupon. Write a fantasy of yours in each coupon. Your Valentine can choose to redeem as many fantasies as he/ she likes.
Gift ideas to surprise your Valentine with on Valentine’s Day - 13th Feb
24. This is the most challenging of the lot. After having done something unique for 7 days straight, you need to ensure that your grand finale surpasses all expectations. You can book a hotel in the city and surprise your Valentine with a staycation in a romantic suite.
25. You can consider booking a couple’s spa and treating both of you with a few hours of relaxation that you rightly deserve.
26. You can take a leap of faith and plan a surprise holiday behind your Valentine’s Back. All you need to do is hand over the ticket as your Valentine’s Day gift and wait to see the reaction.
27. You can also choose to pick a giant hamper comprising a mix of romantic, cute, funny and naughty gifts. Oye Happy’s Valentine’s Day Hampers are designed with photos, videos, memories and more to be truly unique and memorable.
We hope the above ideas help you break the shackles of boring ideas and spice up this Valentine’s week with your own unique initiatives.